Thursday, November 25, 2010

PSLE Day

I had my first experience in collecting results for PSLE and it was a daunting one. As I waitied for my son to collect his results, I saw faces of pain and tears as well as jubilation and relief and students ran past me at the back of the hall to their parents.

I stood next to my friend who was also watiing for her son's results. Why did I feel so emo, tearful, excited yet fearful....why such emotions when I know that the results is actually just numbers? These numbers may not represent the hardwork, pain, joy, enjoyment that my son experienced when he was preparing for his exams nor the journey or journeys that he will embark on hence forth. I am satisfied that he has exhausted his sleep, enthsiatically followed his teacher's strategies, burn many nights, sacrifice a lot of play time....I am  proud...proud that I have son who values things that will make him a good person, a loving, steadfast and effective person. That is enought for me, truly. So I pray that God will give me wisdom and strength me in my effort to mother him, to built him up to be resilient so that he can face life challenges courageously knowing that God is in total control.

Acts 17:26 that from one man he made every nation....and he determines the times set for them and the  EXACT places where they should live so tht men would seek him and perhaps reach out to him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us.

So JMSE, God has set for you the timing and the places...and when you have any questions....ask  him and reach out to HIM because he wants to you...and there you will find incredible strength and wisdom that you cannot find anywhre else.

No comments:

Post a Comment